How To Prepare Pad Kra Pow Crispy TofuDate :August 9, 2015
Thailand is a beautiful place to visit. It is one of the most popular tourist destinations. With so much to do there, one thing is a must. You must know what to eat. In local language we call it Thai pad kra pao crispy tofu but you can call it Thai basil tofu as well. It goes well with noodles or rice.
With its amazing taste and quick recipe it has come up as the most loved street food of Thailand. Time taken to prepare it is about 15 minutes or less.
Ingredients of Pad Kra Pow Crispy Tofu
1) Tofu- Cut the tofu into small bite sized pieces.
2) Garlic and ginger – peeled and crushed with mortar and pestle. Do not mince them finely as it loses its flavour in the juice.
4) Holy basil – plucked
5) Oyster sauce, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce
Procedure of Pad Kra Pow Crispy Tofu
1) Heat your wok on high heat and add about 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan.
2) When the oil is hot, add the chilies and garlic. Stir them for about 30 seconds.
3) Toss the tofu pieces carefully as they tend to crumble.
4) Add 1 teaspoon of oyster sauce, ½ teaspoon light soy sauce, ½ teaspoon sugar, and dark soy sauce. Keep stir frying for about another 30 seconds.
5) Grab a handful of holy basil, toss it into the pan, fold it, and then immediately turn off the heat (if you’re using an electric stove, you’ll want to remove the pan from the burner). The holy basil only needs to cook for 5 seconds.
This dish can be accompanied with noodles. The garnishing can be done with egg, cottage cheese or even fresh basil.Read More →
Real Vegetable Thai Green Curry – Try it!Date :July 29, 2015
Traditionally, all Thai curries were made with the same ingredients except for one thing: the chillies. Red curry was made with red chillies, while green curry was made with green chilies, and yellow curry was made with yellow chillies. In Thailand, these chillies have slightly different taste characteristics in addition to their color.
WHAT MAKES GREEN CURRY “GREEN”?
Green curry has been made ‘more green’ over the years with the addition of fresh coriander, lime leaf and basil. While many imagine that Thai curry paste grows on the Thai curry tree, in reality this vegetarian specialty is the result of efforts made by our specialists. These curries have preservative values and last for a long time. This special lip smacking delight is a pure pleasure for vegetarians.
Unbelievable Nutritional Value With Taste of Perfect Thai Green Curry
These are not only brimming in taste but also have a high nutritional value. Common ingredients such as turmeric, coriander, galangal, and basil have powerful antioxidants as well as Chilli pepper and coconut milk, two everyday ingredients in the Thai kitchen, being highly commended by heart specialists.
What are the Main Ingredients of the Vegetable Green Thai Curry?
Capturing the essence of Thai food requires a handful of special ingredients that you are not likely to have in your kitchen. This blend of plants is called Thai curry and contains natural preservatives while providing strong medicinal properties.
Here is a list of ingredients with their medicinal value.
• Kaffir Lime Leaves – antioxidant, digestive, cleans the blood, healthy teeth and gums, prevents hair loss, deodorant.
• Lemongrass – sedative, detoxifies the liver, pancreas, kidney, bladder and the digestive tract, reduces uric acid along with blood pressure, cholesterol, excess fats and other toxins, and stimulates digestion, blood circulation, and lactation.
• Galangal Root – reduces the fishy smell of foods, stimulates digestion, alleviates motion sickness and nausea, and reduces inflammation of the stomach and ulcers, boosts the immune system, treats colds and flu, reduces fever and rheumatism, and freshens the breath, antibacterial.
• Coconut Milk – contains high quality fatty acids along with high Omega-3 coconut oil. boosts the immune system, regulates metabolic functions, and lowers cholesterol, reverse the aging process.
• Thai Basil – contains volatile oils Cineole, along with Vitamin C, Vitamin K and Magnesium, prevents DNA damage in white blood cells, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties.
• Thai Sugar – high concentrations of certain minerals.
PREPARATION OF VEGETABLE THAI GREEN CURRY
Nothing in this world can beat the authentic flavor of Vegetable Thai green curry. This lip smacking dish is sure to please not only your eyes but also your taste buds. Once you taste our very special vegetable Thai curry you are sure to bounce back every weekend.Read More →
How to Make Special Thai Coconut Ice CreamDate :July 10, 2015
Rare is a person whose heart doesn’t melt with ice-cream! What if we add to it the magic of coconut, that too in Thai style? Presented here is the recipe for special Thai coconut ice cream that would get you not juts appreciations but a lot of laurels in the cooking front as well. The recipe is shared by the Thai food expert team of Thai Square Restaurant.
The first thing first – this ice cream is truly vegetarian and no meat products are used. And secondly, it is so very delicious that if you make it once, you are going to make it again and again. The ingredients you will be needing are – cornflour (2 spoon), coconut cream, sugar, grated coconut, fresh cream and an aluminum container for freezing the ice cream.
The recipe is equally simple. You begin by mixing the cornflour in cold water (3 spoons would be enough). Remember not to use warm or hot water as it will allow cornflour to contract. Take a non-stick pan and put coconut cream in it. Bring it to boil. Once it cools off a bit, add to it the cornflour paste you just made. Once the mixture cools off completely, add grated sugar and mix it nicely. Whip this creamy batter and add to it the grated coconut and fresh cream.
This is the time when you should check the consistency of your creamy material. It should neither be too thick nor too flowing. Once you are happy with the consistency, put this mix into an aluminum freezing dish and freeze for at least 2 hours.
Take out the dish after 2 hours and with the help of a blender, beat this slush to make it smooth and creamy. Now, you freeze it again and this time for 3-4 hours. You can check its smooth texture after a while and if you still feel its slushy, use the blender once more!
Your creamy and dreamy ice cream is ready to be served. And it’s not just delicious; it is very healthy owing to the goodness of coconut.Read More →