Authentic Thai Recipe for Chu Chi Goong
A lot of us at present simply love Thai cuisine for its authentic yet very delicious taste and unbeatable aromas but what we don’t understand is that Thai cuisine has so many more dishes to offer us apart from the regular dishes. “Chu Chi” is one of them. Just like its name “Chu Chi” is a simple and easy to prepare dish that is really a home style curry dish.
The dish is primarily made with a variety of fish and prawns and a red curry paste that has extremely strong flavours like other Thai dishes. Another important ingredient is kaffir lime leaves which is used extensively for making Thai curries. Here we will tell you how to cook Chu Chi with prawns which is one of Thai Square’s most popular dishes “Chu Chi Goong”.
List of the Ingredients you need –
Red curry paste 1-2 teaspoon preferably without cumin seeds and coriander
½ cup coconut milk
1 cup coconut cream
½ kg medium green prawns, peeled
1 red chilli, chopped
2 Kafir lime leaves, shredded
2 teaspoons fish sauce
¼ Vegetable oil
1½ teaspoon jiggery (cane sugar)
1 onion, chopped
Preparation of the curry sauce
– In a pan sauté the paste with 2 teaspoons of oil and stir continuously until fragrant. Then add 1 cup of coconut cream. Stir it till the cream gets thicker (Approx 5-7 minutes).
– Add coconut milk and season it with jaggery and fish sauce. Remove from heat. Voila, the sauce is ready, half the work done.
– Heat oil in another pan, medium-high heat. Stir fry the chilli, onion and prawns for 2-3 minutes or until the prawns change colour.
– Add the curry sauce to the pan and stir for 1 minute, until it gets properly blended
– Garnish with red chilli, kafir lime leaves and basil.
Chu Chi Goong can be served with jasmine rice and will surely make for one hell of a meal. It’s easy to make, less time consuming and on the top of everything it’s flavourful and tasteful for sure.